6126- EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT ASSISTANTS
EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT ASSISTANTS
Education support assistant,Learning support assistant,Non-teaching assistant (schools),Special needs assistant (educational establishments),Support assistant (educational establishments)
Educational support assistants work with teachers to provide one-to-one support for children with particular learning needs.
Academic qualifications may be required by some employers, although entry is possible with relevant experience alone. CRB clearance is mandatory.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 6
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 12.7
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- supports schoolwork under teacher?s supervision;
- helps child understand instruction through a variety of means and encourages self-confidence and independence;
- identifies signs of distress and offers reassurance;
- implements care programmes, as appropriate;
- helps and encourages child to communicate;
- attends to child?s physical needs;
- provides feedback to teachers and completes and maintains records.