6125- TEACHING ASSISTANTS
Classroom assistant,School assistant,Teaching assistant,
Teaching assistants assist teachers with their day-to-day classroom work and with routine administrative tasks.
Academic qualifications may be required by some employers, although entry is possible with relevant experience (possibly on a voluntary basis) alone. An NVQ Level 2 qualification is available. CRB clearance is mandatory.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- assists teacher with preparation or clearing up of classroom;
- looks after lesson materials such as paper, pencils and crayons;
- listens to children read, reads to them or tells stories;
- assists children with washing or dressing for outdoor and similar activities;
- makes simple teaching aids and constructs thematic displays of educational material or children?s work;
- helps with outings and other out-of-classroom activities.