Playgroup assistant,Playgroup leader,Playgroup supervisor,Playworker
Playworkers deliver and facilitate play opportunities for children in a range of formal and informal settings including play groups, play schemes, free play locations, and in pre- and after-school activities.
Entry may not depend upon academic qualifications, although some employers will expect candidates to possess or be working towards a relevant qualification. NVQs/SVQs in Child Care and Education are available at Levels 2 and 3. CRB clearance is mandatory.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 6
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 12.7
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- supervises children?s games and encourages the development of physical, social and language skills;
- provides play areas and prepares materials for a wide range of children?s activities;
- encourages children?s independence, self-confidence and social interaction;
- organises and supervises children on excursions;
- organises and supervises children?s activities in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, deals accordingly with injuries and emergencies;
- puts away equipment and cleans premises after use;
- liaises with parents, carers and colleagues and keeps appropriate records.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: