6122- CHILDMINDERS AND RELATED OCCUPATIONS
CHILDMINDERS AND RELATED OCCUPATIONS
Au pair,Child care assistant,Child minder,Nanny
Childminders and related occupations provide day-to-day care of children within a domestic setting, and supervise and participate in their play, educational and other activities.
Entry may not depend upon academic qualifications, although employers may expect a candidate to possess a qualification accredited by the Council for Awards in Children?s Care or other qualifications. Childminders must be registered with OFSTED to care for children under the age of 8 years. NVQs/SVQs in Child Care and Education are available at Levels 2 and 3. A minimum age limit of 18 years applies, and CRB clearance is mandatory.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 4
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 9.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- assists children to wash and dress;
- changes babies? nappies and clothes as necessary and makes up bottles for feeds;
- plans, prepares and serves children?s meals and supervises children during meals;
- mends, washes and irons children?s clothes and tidies their rooms;
- provides, supervises and participates in children?s indoor and outdoor play activities to promote their development;
- takes children to participate in play groups or on appropriate outings;
- takes older children to and from school;
- maintains appropriate records of children?s development;
- complies with regulations set by OFSTED and their inspection requirements.