6121- NURSERY NURSES AND ASSISTANTS
NURSERY NURSES AND ASSISTANTS
Cr?che assistant,Cr?che worker,Nursery assistant,Nursery nurse,Pre-school assistant
Nursery nurses and assistants care for children from birth up to seven years of age in day or residential nurseries, children?s homes, maternity units and similar establishments.
Entry is most common with GCSEs/S grades followed by the award of a certificate from the Council for Awards in Children?s Care and Education. An NVQ/SVQ in Child Care and Education or equivalent qualification at level 3 is required to work as a nursery nurse. CRB clearance is mandatory.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- baths, dresses, prepares feed for and feeds babies, changes babies clothing whenever necessary;
- supervises young children at mealtimes;
- plans and organises games and other activities and supervises children?s play;
- reads stories, organises counting games to help develop language and number skills;
- writes reports on children?s development and maintains awareness of health and safety issues;
- communicates with parents and colleagues on children?s development and well-being.