5432- BAKERS AND FLOUR CONFECTIONERS
BAKERS AND FLOUR CONFECTIONERS
Baker,Baker?s assistant,Bakery manager,Cake decorator,Confectioner
Bakers and flour confectioners prepare and bake dough, pastry and cake mixtures and make and finish flour confectionary products by hand.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. Training is typically received on-the-job or by apprenticeship. Apprenticeships and traineeships leading to NVQs/SVQs at Levels 2 and 3 are available.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 5
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 11.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- weighs ingredients according to recipe;
- mixes ingredients using hand or machine to obtain the required consistency;
- rolls and cuts pastry, stretches, kneads and moulds dough to form bread, rolls and buns;
- fills and glazes pastry, mixes ingredients for cakes;
- bakes bread, pastry and cakes;
- makes cake decorations, spreads icing, fillings and toppings on products.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: