Lithographic printer,Machine minder (printing),Print manager,Screen printer,Wallpaper printer
Printers set up and operate various small offset printing presses and digital printing processes.
There are no formal academic requirements although some employers may require GCSEs/S grades. Training is typically received on-the-job. National Traineeships and apprenticeships in Machine Printing are available at NVQ/SVQ Levels 2 and 3.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 5
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 11.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- positions form or plate on machine, checks alignments and sets press;
- mixes and loads inks and solvents, loads paper and regulates during print run;
- prints and examines proof copies and adjusts press as necessary;
- starts or directs start of printing run and monitors machine to ensure that printing proceeds smoothly;
- pours colour into machine or directly on to screen and positions screen over item;
- operates squeegee by hand or machine to press colour through screen;
- dips wooden pattern block into colour tray and lays different colours on top of, and adjacent to, others to form the required pattern;
- produces, transfers and outputs digital print images;
- maintains, adjusts, repairs and cleans machine;
- keeps production records.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: