5421- PRE-PRESS TECHNICIANS
Compositor,Plate maker,Pre-press manager,Pre-press technician,Type setter
Pre-press technicians prepare, format and compose text and graphics in a form suitable for use in a variety of print processes.
There are no formal academic requirements although some employers may require GCSEs/S grades. Training is typically received on-the-job. Apprenticeships are available as well as BTEC certificates and diplomas and other vocational courses at NVQ/SVQ Levels 2 and 3.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 5
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 11.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- determines from specification the kind and size of type to be used;
- uses computer applications to generate images and text;
- scans and retouches digital images to create sample proofs, plans and lays out artwork to match planned design;
- examines proof copies, checks for quality and accuracy and makes any necessary alterations;
- processes filmsetting or desktop publishing output to produce image on film and transfers to printing plates and digital output;
- arranges and pastes printing material onto paper ready for photographing.
Source Of Info: