5330- CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING TRADES SUPERVISORS
CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING TRADES SUPERVISORS
Builder?s foreman,Construction foreman,Construction supervisor,Maintenance supervisor,Site foreman
Construction and building trades supervisors oversee operations and directly supervise and coordinate the activities of workers in construction and building trades.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, though GCSEs/S grades are advantageous. Entry is typically through an apprenticeship or traineeship approved by ConstructionSkills leading to an NVQ/SVQ at Level 3, in addition to significant relevant work experience.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 5
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 10
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- directly supervises and coordinates the activities of construction and building workers and/or subcontractors;
- establishes and monitors work schedules to meet productivity requirements;
- liaises with managers and contractors to resolve operational problems;
- determines or recommends staffing and other needs to meet productivity requirements;
- reports as required to managerial staff on work-related matters.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: