5323- PAINTERS AND DECORATORS
PAINTERS AND DECORATORS
Artexer,French polisher,Paper hanger,Ship sprayer,Wood stainer
Those working in this unit group apply paint, varnish, wallpaper and other protective and decorative materials to interior and exterior walls and surfaces, paint designs on wood, glass, metal, plastics and other materials, and stain, wax and french polish wood surfaces by hand.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, though GCSEs/S grades are advantageous. Entry is typically through an apprenticeship or traineeship approved by ConstructionSkills leading to an NVQ/SVQ in General Construction at Level 3.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 4
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 9.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- erects working platform or scaffolding up to five metres in height;
- prepares surfaces by cleaning, sanding and filling cracks and holes with appropriate filler;
- applies primer, undercoat and finishing coat(s) using brush, roller, or spray equipment;
- mixes adhesive or removes self-adhesive backing and positions covering material on wall, matching up patterns where appropriate and removing wrinkles and air bubbles by hand or brush;
- stains, waxes and french polishes wood surfaces by hand.
Source Of Info: