5322- FLOORERS AND WALL TILERS
FLOORERS AND WALL TILERS
Carpet fitter,Ceramic tiler,Flooring contractor,Mosaic floor layer
Floorers and wall tilers lay composition mixtures (other than mastic asphalt) to form flooring, plan, fit and secure carpet, underlay and linoleum and cover and decorate walls and floors with terrazzo and granolithic mixtures, tiles and mosaic panels.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, though GCSEs/S grades are advantageous. Entry is typically through an apprenticeship or traineeship approved by ConstructionSkills leading to an NVQ/SVQ in General Construction at Level 3.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 4
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 9.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- examines drawings and specifications to determine job requirements;
- cleans floor surface, fixes wooden laying guides and mixes, pours and levels granite and terrazzo mixtures, bitumen, synthetic resin or other composition mixtures to form flooring;
- examines premises to plan suitable layout and cuts, lays and secures underlay, carpet and linoleum;
- finishes covering by rolling, smoothing, grouting or polishing;
- mixes cement screed or other adhesive, cuts and positions floor and wall tiles and checks alignment of tiling with spirit level.