Fibrous plasterer,Plasterer,Plastering contractor
Plasterers apply plaster and cement mixtures to walls and ceilings, fix fibrous sheets and cast and fix ornamental plasterwork to the interior or exterior of buildings.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, though GCSEs/S grades are advantageous. Entry is typically through an apprenticeship or traineeship approved by ConstructionSkills leading to an NVQ/SVQ in General Construction at Level 3.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 4
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 9.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- mixes, or directs the mixing of, plaster to desired consistency;
- applies and smoothes one or more coats of plaster and produces a finished surface, using hand tools or mechanical spray;
- pours liquid plaster into mould to cast ornamental plaster work;
- measures, cuts, installs and secures plaster board and/or ornamental plasterwork to walls and ceilings;
- covers and seals joints between boards and finishes surface;
- checks surface level using line, spirit level and straight edge.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: