5319- CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING TRADES N.E.C.
CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING TRADES N.E.C.
Acoustician,Builder,Building contractor,Fencer,Maintenance manager (buildings and other structures),Property developer (building construction)
Those working in construction and building trades n.e.c. undertake a variety of tasks in the construction, alteration, maintenance and repair of buildings, steeples, industrial chimneys and other tall structures, and of underwater structures not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 531: Construction and Building Trades.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, though GCSEs/S grades are advantageous. Entry is typically through an apprenticeship or traineeship approved by ConstructionSkills leading to an NVQ/SVQ in General Construction at Level 3.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 4
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 9.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- selects, measures and cuts steel bars, rods and wire to required lengths, positions and fixes reinforcements into position and tensions as required using hydraulic jacks;
- lays bricks, tiles and building blocks to construct, repair and decorate buildings;
- pours and levels concrete, prepares surfaces for painting and plastering, and mixes and applies plaster and paint;
- installs plumbing fixtures, woodwork structures and fittings, and sets glass in frames;
- maintains and repairs steeples, industrial chimneys and other high structures, and installs and replaces lightning conductors;
- erects and repairs fencing;
- checks and puts on diving suit and equipment and descends underwater to carry out construction, maintenance and repair tasks on sites such as oil rigs, harbours, bridges etc.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: