5250- SKILLED METAL, ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC TRADES SUPERVISORS
SKILLED METAL, ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC TRADES SUPERVISORS
Electrical supervisor,Maintenance supervisor (manufacturing),Workshop manager
Skilled metal, electrical and electronic trades supervisors oversee operations and directly supervise and coordinate the activities of workers in skilled metal, electrical and electronic trades.
Academic qualifications may not be required, though some GCSEs/S grades or an equivalent qualification may be an advantage. NVQs/SVQs are available at Levels 1, 2 and 3. Apprenticeships combining practical work experience and technical training would be required together with significant, relevant work experience.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 6
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- directly supervises and coordinates the activities of skilled metal, electrical and electronic trades workers;
- establishes and monitors work schedules to meet productivity requirements;
- liaises with managers and other departments and contractors to resolve operational problems;
- determines or recommends staffing and other needs to meet productivity requirements;
- reports as required to managerial staff on departmental activities.