5249- ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC TRADES N.E.C.
ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC TRADES N.E.C.
Alarm engineer,Electronics engineer,Field engineer,Linesman,Service engineer
Job holders in this group perform a variety of electrical and electronic occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 524: Electrical and Electronic Trades.
There are no formal academic requirements although entrants typically possess GCSEs/S grades. Training is usually by apprenticeship and combines practical work experience and technical training. NVQs/ SVQs in Servicing Electronic Systems are available at Levels 2 and 3. Manufacturers may run specialised courses related to their products.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.4
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- examines drawings, wiring diagrams and specifications to determine appropriate methods and sequence of operations;
- places prepared parts and sub-assemblies in position, checks their alignment and secures with hand tools to install x-ray and medical equipment, aircraft instruments and other electronic equipment;
- removes protective sheath from wires and cables and connects by brazing, soldering or crimping and applies conductor insulation and protective coverings;
- examines for defect and repairs electronic and related equipment;
- tests for correct functioning and makes any further necessary adjustments;
- performs routine servicing tasks, such as cleaning and insulation testing;
- assists with the erection of wood poles or steel towers to carry overhead lines;
- connects and installs transformers, fuse gear, lightning arrestors, aircraft warning lights, cable boxes and other equipment;
- connects cables to test equipment and tests for balance, resistance, insulation and any defects;
- locates and repairs faults to lines and ancillary equipment.
- Radio Frequency Identification Device Specialists
- First-Line Supervisors of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers
- Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers
- Avionics Technicians
- Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Electronic Equipment Installers and Repairers, Motor Vehicles