5244- TV, VIDEO AND AUDIO ENGINEERS
TV, VIDEO AND AUDIO ENGINEERS
Installation engineer (radio, television and video),Satellite engineer,Service engineer (radio, television and video),Technician (radio, television and video),Television engineer
TV, video and audio engineers service and repair domestic television, video and audio appliances.
Entrants typically possess GCSEs/S grades or an equivalent qualification such as an Intermediate GNVQ/GSVQ Level II. Training is provided off- and on-the-job and may be supplemented by short courses delivered by manufacturers. NVQs/SVQs in Domestic Appliance Engineering are available at Level 3.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 5
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 11.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- examines equipment and observes reception to determine nature of defect;
- uses electronic testing equipment to diagnose faults and check voltages and resistance;
- dismantles equipment and repairs or replaces faulty components or wiring;
- re-assembles equipment, tests for correct functioning and makes any necessary further adjustments;
- carries out service tasks such as cleaning and insulation testing according to schedule.
- Radio Frequency Identification Device Specialists
- First-Line Supervisors of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers
- Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers
- Avionics Technicians
- Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Electronic Equipment Installers and Repairers, Motor Vehicles