5235- AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE AND RELATED TRADES
AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE AND RELATED TRADES
Aeronautical engineer,Aircraft electrician,Aircraft engineer,Aircraft fitter,Aircraft mechanic,Maintenance engineer (aircraft)
Jobholders in this unit group fit, service, repair and overhaul aircraft engines and assemblies. Licensed aircraft engineers are coded to UNIT GROUP 3113.
Entrants usually possess GCSEs/S grades, a GNVQ/ GSVQ or a BTEC/SQA award. Apprenticeships in Engineering Maintenance at NVQ/SVQ Level 3 are available. NVQs/SVQs in Aircraft Engineering Maintenance are available at Level 3.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 5
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 11.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- examines drawings, manuals and specifications to determine appropriate methods and sequence of operations;
- fits and assembles parts and/or metal sub-assemblies to fine tolerances to make aircraft engines;
- replaces engine components or complete engines, installs and tests electrical and electronic components and systems in aircraft;
- examines and inspects airframes and aircraft components, including landing gear, hydraulic systems, and deicers to detect wear, cracks, breaks, leaks, or other problems;
- maintains, repairs and rebuilds aircraft structures, functional components, and parts;
- maintains comprehensive repair logs.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: