5234- VEHICLE PAINT TECHNICIANS
VEHICLE PAINT TECHNICIANS
Car paint sprayer,Coach painter,Paint technician (motor vehicles),Vehicle refinisher
Vehicle paint technicians use spray equipment to apply paint, cellulose and other protective or decorative materials to the bodywork of motor vehicles.
There are no formal academic entry requirements although some employers may require GCSEs/S grades or an equivalent qualification. Off- and on-the-job training is provided. NVQs/SVQs at Levels 2 and 3 are available. Apprenticeships at NVQ/SVQ Levels 2 and 3 are also available and take between three to four years to complete.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 6
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 12.3
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- applies masking material to protect areas not to be coated and removes any external fixtures;
- consults vehicle colour code, chooses appropriate paint or mixes paint to achieve desired consistency and colour;
- uses hand or electrostatic spray gun to coat surfaces, adjusting nozzle and pressure valves of the gun as required;
- removes masking materials and refits external fittings after completion of spraying;
- cleans and maintains spray equipment, protective clothing and spraying booth.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: