5225- AIR-CONDITIONING AND REFRIGERATION ENGINEERS
AIR-CONDITIONING AND REFRIGERATION ENGINEERS
Air conditioning engineer,Air conditioning fitter,Refrigeration engineer,Refrigeration technician,Service engineer (refrigeration)
Jobholders in this unit group install, service and repair air-conditioning and refrigeration systems in factories, offices, shops and homes.
There are no formal academic entry requirements although some employers may request GCSEs/S grades. Training is via an apprenticeship, or BTEC, City & Guilds or other specialised qualification.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 6
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 12.3
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- examines the proposed site to establish if installation plans are practical;
- plans layout of the system (pipework, ducts and control panels);
- produces detailed estimate of costs of the work;
- plans work schedule and installs the system;
- inspects and tests the installation;
- carries our maintenance checks and repairs.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: