5114- GROUNDSMEN AND GREENKEEPERS
GROUNDSMEN AND GREENKEEPERS
Groundsmen and greenkeepers cut and lay turf and maintain areas for golf courses and other sports grounds.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. NVQs/SVQs in Sports Turf Management are available at Level 4. Professional qualifications are also available.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 5
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 11.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- levels ground and installs drainage system as required;
- cuts and lays turf using hand and machine tools and repairs damaged turf;
- moves soil to alter surface contour of land using mechanical equipment and constructs appropriate landscaping features and maintains such features;
- monitors and maintains the quality and condition of turf;
- rolls, mows and waters grass, marks out pitches.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: