5113- GARDENERS AND LANDSCAPE GARDENERS
GARDENERS AND LANDSCAPE GARDENERS
Garden designer,Gardener,Gardener-handyman,Landscape gardener
Gardeners and landscape gardeners cultivate flowers, trees, shrubs and other plants in public and private gardens, construct features to improve the appearance of existing terrain, and cut and lay turf.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. NVQs/SVQs in Horticulture are available at Levels 1, 2 and 3. Professional qualifications are also available.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 4
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 9.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- levels ground and installs drainage system as required;
- prepares soil and plants and transplants, prunes, weeds and otherwise tends plant life;
- protects plants from pests and diseases;
- cuts and lays turf using hand and machine tools and repairs damaged turf;
- prepares or interprets garden design plans;
- moves soil to alter surface contour of land using mechanical equipment and constructs paths, rockeries, ponds and other features;
- performs general garden maintenance.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: