Dental receptionist,Doctor?s receptionist,Medical receptionist,Receptionist,Receptionist-secretary
Receptionists receive and direct telephone calls and visitors to commercial, government and other establishments.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, although many employers expect entrants to possess GCSEs/S grades. There are a variety of relevant vocational qualifications available. NVQs/SVQs in Administration are available at Level 2 that encompass various aspects of reception work. Professional qualifications are also available.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 6
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 12.6
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- receives callers and clients and directs them to the appropriate person or department;
- records the details of enquiries and makes appointments and reservations;
- answers, screens and forwards or otherwise deals with telephone enquiries;
- supplies brochures, pamphlets and other information for clients;
- records details of visitors, issues security passes and informs visitors of any actions to be taken in case of an emergency;
- maintains reception area in good order.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: