4215- PERSONAL ASSISTANTS AND OTHER SECRETARIES
PERSONAL ASSISTANTS AND OTHER SECRETARIES
Executive assistant,PA-secretary,Personal assistant,Personal secretary,Secretary
Personal assistants and other secretaries provide administrative and secretarial support to individuals, departmental or management teams within organisations.
There are no minimum academic requirements, although entry to professional secretarial courses typically requires GCSEs/S grades. NVQs/SVQs are available in Administration at Levels 2, 3 and 4.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- acts as a first point of contact for a manager or team with colleagues and people from outside organisations, fields telephone enquiries, takes and passes on messages;
- arranges appointments, keeps business diary, organises travel arrangements, makes reservations and organises a variety of functions;
- opens, sorts, distributes and files correspondence (in hard copy and electronic) and deals directly with routine correspondence;
- uses appropriate software to produce correspondence, memoranda, reports, presentations and other documents from drafts, handwritten copy or by transcribing dictation;
- arranges and attends meetings, takes minutes and prepares records of proceedings;
- translates documents and liaises with overseas clients and suppliers.