4214- COMPANY SECRETARIES
Assistant secretary,Club secretary,Company secretary
Company secretaries (excluding qualified chartered secretaries) file and maintain company records, translate notes and dictation into typewritten form and perform other clerical tasks within commercial organisations.
There are no minimum academic requirements, although entrants to professional secretarial courses typically require GCSEs/S grades. NVQs/SVQs in Administration are available at Levels 2, 3 and 4.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- opens, sorts, distributes and files correspondence (both hard copy and electronic);
- uses appropriate software to produce correspondence, memoranda, reports, presentations and other documents from drafts, handwritten copy or by transcribing dictation;
- deals directly with routine correspondence;
- files and retrieves documents, sets up and maintains filing systems and reproduces copies of documentation as required;
- keeps appointments diary, makes travel arrangements and arranges conference and other functions;
- arranges meetings, circulates agenda and other meeting documents, attends meetings, and takes and prepares minutes;
- answers, screens, handles and directs telephone requests and enquiries, takes messages and forwards to the appropriate member of staff;
- undertakes reception responsibilities by greeting visitors and arranging refreshments;
- ensures office supplies such as stationery and equipment are maintained.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: