4134- TRANSPORT AND DISTRIBUTION CLERKS AND ASSISTANTS
TRANSPORT AND DISTRIBUTION CLERKS AND ASSISTANTS
Export clerk,Logistics controller,Shipping clerk,Transport administrator,Transport clerk,Transport coordinator
Workers in this unit group perform various clerical functions relating to the transport and distribution of goods and freight.
There are no minimum academic requirements, although entrants usually possess GCSEs/S grades. Training is usually provided on-the-job. NVQs/ SVQs in relevant areas are available at Levels 1, 2 and 3.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- processes customer orders and forwards requisition documentation to storage and distribution personnel;
- formulates delivery loads, vehicle schedules and routes to be followed by delivery staff;
- monitors tachograph readings and maintains records of hours worked and distance travelled by drivers;
- obtains customs clearance and processes import and export documentation necessary for the movement of goods between countries;
- maintains records regarding the movement and location of freight, containers and staff.