4132- PENSIONS AND INSURANCE CLERKS AND ASSISTANTS
PENSIONS AND INSURANCE CLERKS AND ASSISTANTS
Administrator (insurance),Claims handler,Clerical assistant (insurance),Insurance clerk,Pensions administrator
Pensions and insurance clerks and assistants provide general clerical support to senior colleagues and perform specialist clerical tasks in relation to the administration of pensions and insurance policies.
There are no minimum academic requirements, although entrants usually possess GCSEs/S grades. Training is usually provided on-the-job. NVQs/ SVQs, apprenticeships and professional qualifications are available in some areas.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- answers queries from clients and assists in interpreting and completing information requested on forms;
- checks forms completed by clients and contacts clients to obtain additional information or to clarify details;
- makes arrangements for financial advisers to visit clients and potential customers;
- transfers information from application forms and other documentation to computerised records;
- receives notice of changes to personal circumstances and updates files;
- issues application forms, policy documents, reminders, claims forms and other standard documentation;
- performs general clerical duties to support senior staff.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: