4123- BANK AND POST OFFICE CLERKS
BANK AND POST OFFICE CLERKS
Bank clerk,Cashier (bank),Customer adviser (building society),Customer service officer (bank),Post office clerk
Bank and post office clerks deal with the payment and receipt of money, cheques and other routine financial transactions and open and close accounts. They advise upon financial products and services offered by banks, building societies and post offices.
There are no minimum academic requirements, although entrants usually possess GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades or an Advanced GNVQ/GSVQ Level III. On-the-job training is provided. NVQs/SVQs in relevant areas are available at Levels 2, 3 and 4.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- deals with enquiries from customers, other banks and other authorised enquirers;
- maintains records of transactions and compiles information;
- advises customers on financial services and products available;
- manages the operations of a sub-post office;
- receives and pays out cash, cheques, money orders, credit notes, foreign currency or travellers cheques;
- provides postal services, pays state pensions, unemployment and other state benefits to claimants, supplies official forms and documentation to the public, and performs other tasks specific to the activities of a post office.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: