4114- OFFICERS OF NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANISATIONS
OFFICERS OF NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANISATIONS
Administrator (charitable organisation),Organiser (trade union),Secretary (research association),Trade union official
Officers of non-governmental organisations perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks in the running of trade associations, employers? associations, learned societies, trade unions, charitable organisations and similar bodies.
There are no formal academic requirements although pre-entry experience is usually necessary. Some organisations only employ their own members, although evidence of related work within pressure groups, the voluntary sector, trade unions or other organisations is generally sufficient.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- maintains and updates records of membership details, subscription fees, mailing lists, etc.;
- circulates and reports information of relevance to members and interested parties;
- arranges meetings, conferences and other events and circulates agenda and other relevant material;
- receives and responds to written correspondence and telephone enquiries from members and other organisations;
- assists with fund raising activities within a specified geographical area;
- prepares and provides measures of organisational activity for senior officials.