4113- LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATIVE OCCUPATIONS
LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATIVE OCCUPATIONS
Administrative assistant (local government),Administrative officer (police service),Benefits assistant (local government),Clerical officer (local government),Local government officer nos
Job holders in this unit group undertake a variety of administrative and clerical duties in local government offices and departments.
Entry is most common with GCSEs/S grades. Evidence of keyboard skills may also be required in some posts. Off- and on-the-job training is provided. NVQs/SVQs in Administration are available at Levels 2 and 3.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- computes cost of product/services and maintains and balances records of financial transactions;
- prepares and checks invoices and verifies accuracy of records;
- receives and pays out cash and cheques and performs closely related clerical duties;
- updates and maintains data, correspondence and other records for storage or despatch;
- arranges, classifies and indexes publications, correspondence and other material in libraries and offices;
- performs other clerical duties not elsewhere classified including preparing financial information for management, proof reading printed material and drafting letters in reply to correspondence or telephone enquiries.
Source Of Info: