4112- NATIONAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATIVE OCCUPATIONS
NATIONAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATIVE OCCUPATIONS
Administrative assistant (courts of justice),Administrative officer (government),Civil servant (EO),Clerk (government),Revenue officer (government)
Job holders in this unit group undertake a variety of administrative and clerical duties in national government departments, and in local offices of national government departments.
Entry is possible to junior grades within this group with GCSEs/S grades, and/or relevant practical experience; higher grades require A levels/H grades or equivalent, although many entrants are graduates. NVQs/SVQs, apprenticeships and professional qualifications are available for certain areas of work.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- assists senior government officers with policy work, external liaison or general administrative work;
- undertakes administrative duties specific to the operation of HM Revenue and Customs offices, Job Centres, Benefits Agency offices and other local offices of national government;
- maintains and updates correspondence, documents, data and other records for storage in files or on computer;
- classifies, sorts and files publications, correspondence etc. in offices and libraries;
- responds to telephone enquiries and other forms of correspondence;
- performs miscellaneous clerical tasks such as proof reading printed material, drafting letters, taking minutes etc.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: