3564- CAREERS ADVISERS AND VOCATIONAL GUIDANCE SPECIALISTS
CAREERS ADVISERS AND VOCATIONAL GUIDANCE SPECIALISTS
Careers adviser,Careers consultant,Careers teacher,Placement officer
Job holders in this unit group give advice on careers or occupations, training courses and related matters, direct school leavers and other job seekers into employment and assess their progress.
Entrants often possess a degree, an approved diploma or equivalent qualification. Professional training towards the Qualification in Careers Guidance consists of a one-year full-time course followed by a one-year probationary period of on-the-job training. NVQs/SVQs in Advice and Guidance at Levels 3 and 4 are available. Those working with young people or vulnerable adults will require CRB clearance.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- uses an interview, questionnaire and/or psychological or other test to determine the aptitude, preferences and temperament of the client;
- advises on appropriate courses of study or avenues into employment;
- visits educational and other establishments to give talks and distribute information regarding careers;
- liaises with employers to determine employment opportunities and advises schools, colleges or individuals accordingly;
- organises careers forums and exhibitions and establishes and maintains contact with local employers, colleges and training providers;
- monitors progress and welfare of young people in employment and advises them on any difficulties.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: