3563- VOCATIONAL AND INDUSTRIAL TRAINERS AND INSTRUCTORS
VOCATIONAL AND INDUSTRIAL TRAINERS AND INSTRUCTORS
IT trainer,NVQ assessor,Technical instructor,Training consultant,Training manager
Vocational and industrial trainers provide instruction in manual, manipulative and other vocational skills and advise on, plan and organise vocational instruction within industrial, commercial and other establishments.
No formal educational qualifications are required for entry, although most entrants have qualified in some other area of work and will require a Certificate in Training Practice. Professional qualifications are available from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. NVQs/SVQs in Training and Development are available at Levels 3, 4 and 5.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- assesses training requirements and prepares lectures, demonstrations and study aids;
- supervises trainee development, assists trainees with difficulties and prepares regular progress reports on each trainee for management;
- arranges work experience and instructional visits for trainees;
- plans curriculum and rota of staff duties and updates or amends them in light of developments;
- advises on training programmes and discusses progress or problems with staff and trainees;
- devises general and specialised training courses in response to particular needs.