3562- HUMAN RESOURCES AND INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS OFFICERS
HUMAN RESOURCES AND INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS OFFICERS
Employment adviser,Human resources officer,Personnel officer,Recruitment consultant
Human resources and industrial relations officers conduct research and advise on recruitment, training, staff appraisal and industrial relations policies and assist specialist managers with negotiations on behalf of a commercial enterprise, trade union or other organisation.
There are no formal academic requirements although most entrants possess a degree or equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience. Many employers expect staff to gain membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development through study for professional qualifications. NVQs/SVQs in this area are available at Levels 3 and 4.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- undertakes research into pay differentials, productivity and efficiency bonuses and other payments;
- develops and recommends personnel and industrial relations policies, assists with their implementation and drafts staff handbooks;
- assists with negotiations between management and employees or trades unions concerning pay and conditions of employment;
- interviews candidates for jobs;
- advises on training and recruitment, negotiating procedures, salary agreements and other personnel and industrial relations issues;
- deals with grievance and disciplinary procedures, and with staff welfare and counselling provision.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: