3550- CONSERVATION AND ENVIRONMENTAL ASSOCIATE PROFESSIONALS
CONSERVATION AND ENVIRONMENTAL ASSOCIATE PROFESSIONALS
Conservation worker,Countryside ranger,National park warden,Park range
Conservation and environmental associate professionals are responsible for the day-to-day running and management of areas of the countryside and the wider environment in a way that reconciles the interests of conservation, land owners and the public. They carry out practical conservation activities and assist in promoting awareness of the natural environment.
Entrants typically possess a relevant BTEC/SQA award or similar qualification and have prior related experience, often as a volunteer. Apprenticeships and NVQs/SVQs in relevant subjects at Levels 2 and 3 are available.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- assists with ecological surveys to identify plant and animal species, map their habitat and draw up conservation plans;
- implements schemes for the management and protection of natural habitats;
- assists with environmental audits and impact assessments;
- organises and supervises conservation projects and the work of part-time and voluntary staff;
- provides information and education to the public through setting up displays, writing leaflets and making presentations;
- organises guided walks and answers questions from the public about an area and its wildlife;
- works with the emergency services in instances of fire, flood, injury or mountain rescue.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: