3546- CONFERENCE AND EXHIBITION MANAGERS AND ORGANISERS
CONFERENCE AND EXHIBITION MANAGERS AND ORGANISERS
Conference coordinator,Event organiser,Events manager,Exhibition organiser,Hospitality manager
Job holders in this unit group manage, organise and coordinate business conferences, exhibitions and similar events.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, although entrants typically possess GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades, a BTEC/SQA award or equivalent qualifications. Professional qualifications are available and may be required by some employers. Off- and-on-the-job training is available.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- discusses conference and exhibition requirements with clients and advises on facilities;
- develops proposal for the event, and presents proposal to client;
- allocates exhibition space to exhibitors;
- plans work schedules, assigns tasks, and co-ordinates the activities of designers, crafts persons, technical staff, caterers and other events staff;
- liaises closely with venue staff to ensure smooth running of the event;
- ensures that Health and Safety and other statutory regulations are met.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: