3544- ESTATE AGENTS AND AUCTIONEERS
ESTATE AGENTS AND AUCTIONEERS
Auctioneer,Auctioneer and valuer,Estate agent,Letting agent,Property consultant
Estate agents and auctioneers arrange for the valuation, sale, purchase, rental and leasing of property on behalf of clients.
There are no formal academic entry requirements although entrants to professional training via the National Federation of Property Professionals (NFOPP) will normally possess GCSEs/S grades, an NVQ/SVQ and/or relevant experience. Off- and on-the-job training is possible, and apprenticeships are available in some areas.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- discusses client?s requirements and may advise client on the purchase of property and land for investment and other purposes;
- conducts or arranges for structural surveys of properties and undertakes any necessary valuations of property or agricultural land;
- advises vendors and purchasers on market prices of property, accompanies clients to view property;
- markets the property on behalf of the vendor, prepares written information and press advertisements;
- negotiates land or property purchases, sales, leases or tenancy agreements and arranges legal formalities with solicitors, building societies and other parties;
- makes inventories of property for sale, advises vendor of suitable reserve price, issues catalogues, conducts auction, notes bids and records sale.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: