3543- MARKETING ASSOCIATE PROFESSIONALS
MARKETING ASSOCIATE PROFESSIONALS
Business development executive,Fundraiser,Market research analyst,Marketing consultant,Marketing executive
Marketing associate professionals assist in the development and implementation of projects which aim to elicit the preferences and requirements of consumers, businesses and other specified target groups so that suppliers may meet these needs.
There are no formal academic requirements, although many entrants possess a BTEC/SQA award, A levels/H grades, a degree or equivalent qualification. Training is typically in-house, supplemented by short courses or professional qualifications provided by the Market Research Society. NVQs/SVQs in Marketing Research are available at Levels 3 and 4.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- discusses business methods, products or services and targets customer group with employer or client in order to identify marketing requirements;
- establishes an appropriate quantitative and qualitative market research methodology and prepares proposals outlining programmes of work and details of costs;
- collates and interprets findings of market research and presents results to clients;
- discusses possible changes that need to be made in terms of design, price, packaging, promotion etc. in light of market research with appropriate departments;
- briefs advertising team on client requirements, monitors the progress of advertising campaigns and liaises with client on potential modifications.