3542- BUSINESS SALES EXECUTIVES
BUSINESS SALES EXECUTIVES
Corporate account executive,Sales agent,Sales consultant,Sales executive,Technical representative
Business sales executives provide advice to existing and potential customers, and receive orders for specialist machinery, equipment, materials and other products or services that require technical knowledge.
There are no formal academic requirements, although entrants usually possess academic qualifications and/or relevant experience in a particular profession or speciality. Training is usually on-the-job. Professional qualifications and NVQs/ SVQs at Levels 2 and 3 are available.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- discusses customer requirements and advises them on the capabilities and limitations of the goods or services being sold;
- quotes prices, credit details, delivery dates and payment arrangements and arranges for delivery and installation of goods if appropriate;
- makes follow up visits to ensure customer satisfaction and to obtain further orders;
- stays abreast of advances in product/field and suggests possible improvements to product or service;
- maintains records and accounts of sales made and handles customer complaints.
- Personal Care and Service Workers, All Other
- First-Line Supervisors of Non-Retail Sales Workers
- Sales Representatives, Services, All Other
- Energy Brokers
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Solar Sales Representatives and Assessors
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products