3538- FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS MANAGERS
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS MANAGERS
Accounts manager,Audit manager,Credit manager,Fund manager,Relationship manager (bank)
Job holders in this unit group manage client accounts or departments within financial institutions (such as banks and insurance companies) or manage a variety of financial accounts within other organisations.
There are no formal academic requirements although professional qualifications in accountancy may be required by some employers. These qualifications can be linked to NVQs/SVQs in Accounting at Levels 2, 3 and 4, and apprenticeships may be available in some areas.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- develops and manages business accounts to increase sales of financial products;
- takes responsibility for the efficient and effective operation of several business accounts;
- manages teams handling insurance claims;
- checks customers? credit rating with banks and credit reference agencies, and decides whether to offer credit;
- establishes terms of credit and ensures timely payment by customer, renegotiates payment terms and initiates legal action to recover debts if necessary;
- carries out and/or supervises general accounting and administrative work.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: