3537- FINANCIAL AND ACCOUNTING TECHNICIANS
FINANCIAL AND ACCOUNTING TECHNICIANS
Accounting technician,Business associate (banking),Financial controller,Insolvency administrator,Managing clerk (accountancy)
Financial and accounting technicians work alongside accountants and other financial professionals in managing the financial affairs of organisations.
There are no formal academic requirements. Professional qualifications are available from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants and the Association of Accounting Technicians. These qualifications can be linked to NVQs/SVQs in Accounting at Levels 2, 3 and 4. Exemptions to professional examinations may be granted to those with certain academic qualifications.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- maintains profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flow forecasts and other accounting records;
- produces, collates and reports financial information for managers;
- liaises with clients to ensure that payments are made on time and credit limits are not exceeded;
- ensures invoices and payments are correct and sent out on time;
- monitors accounting systems to determine accounts are being maintained effectively and provides information on accounting practices to auditors.