3535- TAXATION EXPERTS
Tax adviser,Tax consultant,Tax inspector,Taxation specialist
Taxation experts advise on tax matters and assess tax liabilities.
Entry is possible with GCSEs/S grades or a BTEC/ SQA award, although many entrants possess a degree or equivalent qualification. A professional qualification is required in either accountancy or taxation. Training is undertaken on-the-job and usually takes approximately four years to complete.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 3.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- examines accounts of industrial, commercial and other establishments to determine their tax liability and makes adjustments to claims where necessary;
- considers particular problems concerning all forms of personal and company taxation;
- stays abreast of all changes in tax law and precedent;
- discusses disputed cases with accountants and other specialists;
- represents Government, client or employer in contested claims before tax officials or an independent tribunal.