3534- FINANCE AND INVESTMENT ANALYSTS AND ADVISERS
FINANCE AND INVESTMENT ANALYSTS AND ADVISERS
Financial adviser,Financial analyst,Financial consultant,Mortgage adviser,Pensions consultant
Job holders in this unit group advise customers, who may be individuals, companies or specialist groups, on the purchase of investments, insurance, mortgages, pensions and other financial services and products.
There are no formal academic requirements although entrants usually possess GCSEs/S grades and a degree in a relevant subject is sometimes required. Training may be undertaken in-house or entrants may attend courses run by professional institutions. Registration with a regulatory authority is required in some positions.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- predicts the likely long- and short-term future performance of securities and other financial products and advises upon what will be an appropriate investment for their clients;
- analyses the financial position of clients, taking into account outgoings, dependants and commitments;
- advises on the relative merits of pension schemes, insurance policies and mortgages that best meet the needs of clients given their personal circumstances;
- monitors information on the socio-economic environment and interprets the implications of such information for their clients;
- prepares summary reports of findings for fund managers;
- keeps up to date with financial products, legislation and requirements for compliance with the relevant regulatory authority;
- identifies and attracts new clients by arranging visits and explaining the benefits of financial products.
Source Of Info: