3520- LEGAL ASSOCIATE PROFESSIONALS
LEGAL ASSOCIATE PROFESSIONALS
Barrister?s clerk,Compliance officer,Conveyancer,Legal executive,Litigator,Paralegal
Legal associate professionals provide administrative support for legal professionals, and investigate and make recommendations on legal matters that do not fall within the province of a normal court of law.
Entrants usually possess GCSEs/S grades and A levels/H grades in appropriate subject areas. Off- and on-the-job training is available. Membership of professional institutions will be required for some posts. Candidates must pass professional examinations and complete up to five years of practical experience.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- runs chambers on behalf of principals, develops the practice, manages the flow of work, decides which cases to accept, arranges appropriate fees and prepares financial records;
- collates information, drafts briefs and other documents;
- interviews and advises clients, undertakes preparatory work for court cases;
- attends court to assist barristers and solicitors in the presentation of a case;
- assists in all aspects of property conveyancing and probate and common law practice.