3443- FITNESS INSTRUCTORS
Aerobics instructor,Fitness instructor,Gym instructor,Lifestyle consultant,Personal trainer,Pilates instructor
Fitness instructors deliver training in a range of fitness activities, including weight training, yoga, pilates, personal training and other forms of exercise at private health and fitness centres, local authority run sports and leisure centres, other public and community establishments, and in private homes.
There are no formal academic requirements. Entrants must, however, possess coaching qualifications recognised by the appropriate governing body. Applicants to coaching courses must normally be over 18 years old and hold a first-aid certificate. Background checks including a CRB check are required for those working with children.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 6
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 12.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- assesses the fitness levels of clients;
- devises programmes of training appropriate to the needs of clients with varying levels of strength, fitness and ability;
- demonstrates and leads fitness activities and supervises exercise classes;
- ensures that clients do not injure themselves through over exertion or using incorrect training techniques;
- plans and monitors personal fitness schedules;
- understands the health and safety aspects of different forms of exercise and ensures that any statutory requirements are met.