3441- SPORTS PLAYERS
Professional sportsmen and women train and compete, either individually or as part of a team, in their chosen sport for financial gain.
No academic qualifications are required. Entry is based upon talent that can be further developed through coaching and training.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- participates in exhibitions, pre-qualifying events, tournaments and competitions;
- attends training sessions to develop skills and practice individual or team moves and tactics;
- builds stamina, physical strength and agility through running, fitness exercises and weight training;
- maintains clothing and other specialised sporting equipment;
- discusses performance problems with coaches, physiotherapists, dieticians and doctors
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: