3421- GRAPHIC DESIGNERS
Commercial artist,Designer (advertising),Graphic artist,Graphic designer,MAC operator
Graphic designers use illustrative, sound, visual and multimedia techniques to convey a message for information, entertainment, advertising, promotion or publicity purposes, and create special visual effects and animations for computer games, film, interactive and other media.
Entrants have usually completed a foundation course, a BTEC/SQA award, a degree and/or postgraduate qualification. NVQs/SVQs in Design (in various disciplines) are available at Levels 2 and 3. Portfolio work is also important for entry.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.3
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- liaises with client to clarify aims of project brief, discusses media, software and technology to be used, establishes timetable for project and defines budgetary constraints;
- undertakes research into project, considers previous related projects and compares costs of using different processes;
- prepares sketches, scale drawings, models, colour schemes and other mock-ups to show clients and discusses any required alterations;
- prepares specification and instructions for realisation of the project;
- liaises with other parts of the production team to ensure graphic design fits with other elements, processes and timescales;
- produces or oversees creation of the final product.
Source Of Info: