3416- ARTS OFFICERS, PRODUCERS AND DIRECTORS
ARTS OFFICERS, PRODUCERS AND DIRECTORS
Film editor,Production assistant (broadcasting),Studio manager,Television producer,Theatrical agent
Arts officers, producers and directors assume creative, financial and organisational responsibilities in the production and direction of television and radio programmes, films, stage presentations, content for other media, and the promotion and exhibition of other creative activities.
Entry can be via academic qualifications, BTEC/SQA awards, diplomas or degrees in sector-relevant subjects. Apprenticeships are available at NVQ Levels 2 and 3 in some areas.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.3
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- chooses writers, scripts, technical staff and performers, and assumes overall responsibility for completion of project on time and within budget;
- directs actors, designers, camera team, sound crew and other production and technical staff to achieve desired effects;
- breaks script into scenes and formulates a shooting schedule that will be most economical in terms of time, location and sets;
- prepares rehearsal and production schedule for main events, design of sets and costumes, technical rehearsals and dress rehearsals;
- ensures necessary equipment, props, performers and technical staff are on set when required;
- manages health and safety issues;
- selects, contracts, markets and arranges for the presentation and/or distribution of performance, visual and heritage arts.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: