Musicians write, arrange, orchestrate, conduct and perform musical compositions.
There are no formal academic entry requirements although many possess a degree and/or diploma. Entry to a degree or graduate diploma course requires A levels/H grades. Entrants to the performers? diploma course generally possess GCSEs/S grades and Associated Board Graded Examination passes in their chosen instrument(s) and will be required to audition. Apprenticeships at NVQ Levels 2 and 3 are available in some areas.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.3
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- conceives and writes original music;
- tunes instrument and studies and rehearses score;
- plays instrument as a soloist or as a member of a group or orchestra;
- scores music for different combinations of voices and instruments to produce desired effect;
- auditions and selects performers and rehearses and conducts them in the performance of the composition.