3319- PROTECTIVE SERVICE ASSOCIATE PROFESSIONALS N.E.C.
PROTECTIVE SERVICE ASSOCIATE PROFESSIONALS N.E.C.
Customs officer,Immigration officer,Operations manager (security services),Scenes of crime officer,Security manager
Workers in this unit group inspect goods to ensure compliance with regulations concerning payment of duty, establish that persons entering and leaving the UK have necessary authorisation for crossing national borders, monitor maritime conditions, undertake search and rescue operations, plan and coordinate services of private detection agencies and security measures for individuals, establishments or organisations, and perform other security and protective service occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 331: Protective Service Occupations.
These posts have varying entry requirements. Some posts require no academic qualifications whereas others require GCSEs/S grades and/or relevant practical experience. Entry to some occupations is followed by periods of assessed probationary training and professional examinations.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- examines, weighs and counts goods imported by ship or aircraft, ensures that the declared value of goods is satisfactory and that duties and taxes have been paid;
- examines passports, visas, work permits and other immigration documents, and allows or refuses entry into the UK;
- maintains revenue control at breweries, tobacco factories and other premises where dutiable goods are manufactured, processed or stored;
- visits racecourses, greyhound stadiums and betting shops to ensure compliance with legal requirements;
- broadcasts information on weather and maritime conditions, monitors shipping and provides instruction to navigators;
- receives distress messages, alerts other appropriate rescue services and participates in search and rescue operations;
- photographs, fingerprints and undertakes other forms of forensic examination at the scene of a crime;
- analyses security requirements, advises clients, and develops, monitors and improves security measures;
- supervises and assigns duties to security and detection staff.
- First-Line Supervisors of Protective Service Workers, All Other
- Fish and Game Wardens
- Parking Enforcement Workers
- Animal Control Workers
- Crossing Guards
- Lifeguards, Ski Patrol, and Other Recreational Protective Service Workers
- Protective Service Workers, All Other
- Retail Loss Prevention Specialists
- Police, Fire, and Ambulance Dispatchers