3219- HEALTH ASSOCIATE PROFESSIONALS N.E.C.
HEALTH ASSOCIATE PROFESSIONALS N.E.C.
Acupuncturist,Homeopath,Hypnotherapist,Massage therapist,Reflexologist,Sports therapist
Job holders in this unit group carry out a variety of technical and complementary support functions not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 321: Health Associate Professionals.
Entrants usually possess an accredited degree or postgraduate qualification. Training can take between two to five years depending upon the chosen method of study. Courses provide a mixture of theoretical study and practical experience. Membership of professional bodies may be mandatory in some areas.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.3
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- prescribes diet therapy and gives advice to patients, health care professionals and the public on dietetic and nutritional matters for those with special dietary requirements or to prevent illness;
- diagnoses and treats disorders of vision and eye movements, monitors subsequent progress and recommends further optical, pharmacological or surgical treatment as required;
- manipulates and massages patient to discover the cause of pain, relieve discomfort, restore function and mobility and to correct irregularities in body structure;
- inserts needles under the skin, administers aromatic herbs and oils and massages body to relieve pain and restore health;
- advises and prescribes in areas of complementary and alternative medicine
Source Of Info: